Australia is the sixth-largest country in the world by area, part of the region known as Oceania. Travelling to Australia was recently simplified for citizens of many European countries.
Only citizens of New Zealand can enter Australia without a visa. They are granted an electronic Special Category visa (SCV) on arrival. All other citizens planning to travel to Australia for business or tourism will need to possess a valid visa.
There are two types of online visas: the ETA subclass 601 visa, available for citizens of 9 countries, and the eVisitor visa subclass 651 available for citizens of some European countries. Citizens from countries that are not eligible for the online visa can apply for an Australia visitor visa at a consulate or embassy.
Do Czech citizens need a visa for Australia?
Czech citizens, like most Europeans, need to obtain a valid visa if they are planning to travel to Australia for either tourism or business.
The Australian eVisitor for Czech citizens, or visa subclass 651, involves a simple online application process that travellers can complete in a few minutes.
The visa allows travellers to enter Australia multiple times over a period of one year, for a maximum of 90 days each time. The visa is valid from the moment it is granted and it expires after one year or when the passport expires, whichever comes first. Entry to the country is allowed both by air and sea.
It is important to note that while travelling to Australia with an eVisitor, any paid work is not permitted. Travellers can still make general business inquiries, review business contracts or attend conferences or seminars if these are not paid for. They can also conduct unpaid volunteer work or study, provided this does not represent the main purpose of the trip.
How long does it take to get a visa for Australia from the Czech Republic?
It usually takes around 24 hours from the moment of the online application for a visa to be granted. Often the process is even faster.
When applying for an Australian visa from the Czech Republic, travellers need to make sure all the provided information is accurate and complete. Missing details or inaccurate information can lead to delays in processing the application or even rejection of the visa.
Before submitting their application, travellers should get familiar with the Australian visa requirements for Czech citizens:
- Having a passport valid for at least 3 months from the date of arrival
- Being outside Australia when applying for a visa and before receiving it
- Meeting health requirements: being free from any disease or condition that could lead to significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community or likely limit access to Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services
- Not having any debts to the Australian Government (also applicable to relatives of the applicant)
- Having enough money to support themselves while in Australia and to leave the country at the end of their stay
- Fulfilling character requirements, specifically not having any substantial criminal record
*Note: Having health insurance is recommended to cover any unforeseen medical treatment while in Australia
How do I apply for an Australian visa from the Czech Republic?
All travellers need to do to obtain their Australian visa is to complete the online application form.
The application process is fast and simple. Travellers will be asked to provide some personal information, passport details, credit or debit card for the online payment, and a valid email address.
More specifically, applicants should be ready to provide the following information:
- Country of Citizenship
- Family Name, First/Given Names
- Date and Country of Birth
- Phone Number
- Passport Details: number, country of issue, date of issue and date of expiry
- Email address
*Note: Citizens should travel on the same passport used to fill out the application.
For the online payment, applicants will be prompted to fill in these online payment details:
- Type of card
- Cardholder name
- Card number
- Card expiration date
- CVV security code
As already mentioned, it is extremely important to be accurate when entering all personal information to avoid rejection of the visa.
Usually, within 24 hours from the online application, travellers will receive an email with a confirmation or an update regarding the status of their eVisitor. One of the following scenarios is possible:
- The eVisitor has been granted
- A new application must be submitted
- The visa application requires further assessment. If this is the case, citizens can check the status of their application by logging back into the online system and selecting the Check an eVisitor option.
Once the visa is granted, it will be digitally linked to the passport.