Australia is home to a variety of jaw-dropping wonders, from the gorgeous beaches Byron Bay to the bustling city of Melbourne, the wonder of the Sydney Opera House, and the vast Great Victoria Desert. This country is chock-full of things to do for any tourist, whether it’s an adventurous trip to a relaxing week spent by the beach or sightseeing.
However, before travelers can jump on a plane from Tallinn to Sydney, it is important to note that travelers must have a proper visa before they can enter Australia. Obtaining an Australian eVisitor visa for Estonian citizens is simple and easy. In fact, it takes most applicants less than 15 minutes to apply for their eVisitor visa.
For those who cannot wait to visit Australia and want to apply, this article will outline the Australian visa requirements, the application process, and what to expect.
Do Estonian citizens need a visa for Australia?
Yes. All Estonian citizens are required to hold a valid Australian electronic visitor visa (eVisitor visa) if they wish to travel to Australia. Thankfully, the process is simple: travelers can apply from the comfort of their own home and the processing time is usually instantaneous. Estonian travelers will be happy to note that by taking advantage of this online application, they do not need to visit an embassy in-person, gather a pile of paperwork, or have an in-person interview with an embassy official.
The Australian eVisitor visa can be used for the purposes of tourism, leisure, business-related dealings, or to undergo medical procedures. The visa is valid for stays of up to 90 consecutive days in Australia, and is valid for 1 year (or until the traveler’s Estonian passport expires, whichever comes first).
There are only a handful of Australian visa requirements for Estonian citizens. In fact, the only items that applicants need are their passport, a valid email address, and a form of payment. Here are the documents needed in order to apply for the Australian visa from Estonia:
- A Valid Estonia-issued Passport: Every applicant must have a valid Estonian passport that does not expire for at least 3 months before they enter Australia. When filling out the application, it is a good idea to keep the passport nearby, as there will be questions on the application regarding the traveler’s passport data.
- A valid email address: This email address will be used to field all notifications regarding the traveler’s Australian eVisitor visa. We recommend that travelers check this email inbox frequently so that they are aware of when they receive their eVisitor visa.
- Form of payment: To pay for the visa application processing fee, applicants must use a valid debit or credit card.
Likewise, applicants must also prove that they are in good moral, financial, and lawful standing. This includes the following:
- The traveler must be in good health: This includes free from any disease or condition that could lead to significant cost to the Australian community. Due to this, we encourage travelers to buy health insurance before they leave for Australia.
- The traveler must be in good financial standing: Travelers must ensure that they and their relatives do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government. Likewise, travelers must have enough funds to fully support themselves while visiting Australia and enough funds to cover their ticket back home (or onwards out of Australia).
- The traveler must be in good standing with the law: Travelers must not have any substantial criminal record. Travelers who have been charged for serious criminal offenses or have been sentenced for 12 months of jail time or more (whether or not served), will not be allowed entry into Australia.
How long does it take to get a visa for Australia from Estonia?
The average processing time of the Australian visa for citizens from Estonia is 24 hours (one business day). In rare cases, it may take longer due to delays or the need for Australian officials to do more research into the traveler.
Apply for an Australian visa from Estonia
Applying for an Australian eVisitor for Estonian citizens is a quick and easy process that takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Please note that the applicant must be outside of Australia when applying for their visa.
The application form asks applicants to fill in some required personal details, such as their full name, home address, email address, phone number, birthdate, and nationality. There are also questions regarding the traveler’s passport, including their passport number, issue date, and expiry date. Finally, applicants are asked a few questions about their health and criminal history.
After having completed the application, the traveler must pay the visa processing fee in order to submit their application.