Australia is home to a variety of jaw-dropping wonders, from the world-famous beaches in Byron Bay to the bustling city of Melbourne, the wonder of the Sydney Opera House, and the vast Great Victoria Desert. It is no wonder that Australia is becoming increasingly more popular among Estonian holidaymakers.
However, before travellers get on a plane from Tallinn to Sydney, it is important to note that foreign citizens must have a proper visa before they can enter Australia. Obtaining an Australian eVisitor visa for Estonian citizens is simple and easy. In fact, it takes most applicants less than 15 minutes to apply for their eVisitor visa.
For those who cannot wait to visit Australia, this article will outline the Australian visa requirements, the application process, and what to expect.
Do Estonian citizens need a visa for Australia?
Yes. All Estonian citizens are required to hold a valid visa if they wish to travel to Australia.
Thankfully, the process to obtain an eVisitor visa is simple: travellers can apply from the comfort of their own home and processing times are quick. Estonian visitors will be happy to note that by taking advantage of this online application, they do not need to visit an embassy in-person, gather paperwork, or have an interview with an embassy official.
The Australian eVisitor visa can be used for the purposes of tourism, leisure, business-related dealings, or to undergo medical procedures. The visa allows for multiple stays of up to 90 consecutive days in Australia, and is valid for 1 year (or until the traveller’s Estonian passport expires, whichever comes first.)
There are just a handful of Australian visa requirements for Estonian citizens. In fact, the only items that applicants need are their passport, a valid email address, and a form of payment. Here are the documents needed in order to apply for the Australian visa from Estonia:
- A valid Estonia-issued Passport: Every applicant must have a valid Estonian passport that does not expire for at least 3 months after they enter Australia. When filling out the application, it is a good idea to keep the passport nearby, as there will be questions on the form regarding the passport’s data.
- A valid email address: This email address will be used to field all notifications regarding the Australian eVisitor visa. Petitioners should check this email inbox frequently so that they are aware of all communications sent regarding their application.
- Form of payment: To pay for the visa application processing fee, applicants must use a valid debit or credit card.
Estonian visitors must also prove that they are in good moral, financial, and lawful standing. This includes the following:
- The traveller must be in good health: This means free from any diseases or conditions that could lead to a significant cost to the Australian community.
- The visitor must be in good financial standing: Travellers must ensure that they do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government. Likewise, they must have enough funds to fully support themselves while visiting Australia and enough resources to cover their ticket back home (or onwards out of Australia).
- The foreign national must be in good standing with the law: Travellers must not have any substantial criminal record. Foreigners who have been charged for serious criminal offences or have been sentenced for 12 months of jail time or more (whether or not served), will not be allowed entry into Australia.
How long does it take to get a visa for Australia from Estonia?
The processing time of the Australian visa for citizens from Estonia is up to 72 hours (2 business days.) In rare cases, it may take longer due to delays caused by bank holidays or the need of further information.
Estonian petitioners will be glad to read that the vast majority of applications is processed within hours.
Apply for an Australian visa from Estonia
Applying for an Australian eVisitor for Estonian citizens is a quick and easy process that takes minutes to complete. Please note that the applicant must be outside of Australia when applying for their visa.
The application form asks visitors to fill in some required personal details, such as their full name, home address, email address, phone number, birth date, and nationality. There are also questions regarding the traveller’s passport, including their passport number, issue date, and expiry date. Finally, applicants are asked a few questions about their health and criminal history.
After having completed the application, the petitioner must pay the visa processing fee in order to submit their application.