Thanks to its location, exciting cities, abundance of unique food, and friendly locals, Australia has become one of the most popular countries to visit in the world. However, there is still one main requirement that travellers must go through before they can visit the island nation, which is to obtain a visa.
Citizens of Liechtenstein will be glad to know that obtaining an Australian visa from Liechtenstein is a fast and simple task that should take most applicants less than 15 minutes to complete. In fact, the application is done entirely online, from the comfort of the petitioner’s home, and does not require paperwork, a visit to the embassy, or an interview with an Australian official.
Do Liechtenstein passport holders need a visa for Australia?
Yes. Every Liechtensteiner who wishes to travel to Australia must have a valid visa to do so.
Citizens of Lichtenstein are given the same rights as citizens of the other European Union countries, who can apply for the quick and simple Australian eVisitor visa.
The Australian visa for citizens from Liechtenstein allows holidaymakers to visit Australia for the purposes of tourism (such as travelling through the country or on a cruise), to visit their family and/or friends, to partake in educational training or courses, to volunteer (as long as it is unpaid work), and to conduct business meetings or review contracts.
The Australian eVisitor visa is valid for a total of 1 year from the date of issue, and holders can use their visa to stay in Australia for a maximum of 3 months (90 days). Visitors can enter the country via air or seaport.
Travellers who are planning to visit Australia with their families must all apply for their own separate Australian visas. This includes minors who have their own passport. Children that are on their parent’s passport can enter the country on a parent’s visa.
Likewise, it is important to note that the Australian visa for Liechtenstein citizens is not transferable between passports. If the holder loses their passport or has to renew it, they must apply for a new Australian visa.
What documents do Liechtensteiners need for an Australian visa?
The Australian visa requirements for Liechtensteiner citizens are simple and straightforward. They include the following items:
- A valid passport: The traveller must have a valid and up-to-date Lichtenstein passport that does not expire for a minimum of 3 months before the date of arrival in Australia. Please note that in order to apply for the Australian visa from Liechtenstein, the applicant must be outside of Australia when going through the process.
- A valid email address: The visitor will need to provide a valid email address, where the Australian eVisitor visa will be sent after successfully being accepted.
- A type of payment: Petitioners must have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, in order to pay the application fee. Most major cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and UnionPay are accepted.
- The traveller’s health must be in good standing: This includes being free from any diseases or conditions that could cost the Australian community money. Foreign nationals are encouraged to buy health insurance before their trip to Australia.
- The visitor must have enough funds: Travellers must have enough money to support themselves while in Australia. Likewise, travellers must ensure that they do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- The applicant must not have a substantial criminal record: This means that foreigners who have been sentenced for 12 months of jail time or more (whether they have served this time or not), or been charged with serious criminal offences, will not be allowed entry into Australia.
Once all of these requirements have been fulfilled, travellers can begin their online application.
Australia Visa Application form for citizens of Liechtenstein
In order to successfully apply for their Australian visa from Liechtenstein, all applicants must fill out an online application. This digital process will have travellers answer a few basic questions.
The first section of the online form will ask for the applicant’s personal information, including their full name, date of birth, and address. Likewise, it will also ask for the visitor’s passport information, such as their nationality, passport number, and issue/expiry date. The next section will ask them to detail their health history, criminal history, and a brief summary of their travel plans in Australia (planned travel dates and bookings.)
Petitioners can expect to receive their Australian eVisitor visa within 24 hours of applying. However, in rare situations, the process may take longer. We recommend that all travellers apply for their Australian eVisitor for Liechtensteiner citizens at least 2 weeks before their intended trip.