Thanks to its location, exciting cities, abundance of unique food, and friendly locals, Australia has become one of the most popular countries to visit in the world. However, there is still one main requirement that travelers must go through before they can visit the country, which is to obtain a visa.
Liechtensteinian travelers will be happy to know that obtaining an Australian visa from Liechtenstein is a fast and simple task that should take most travelers less than 15 minutes to do so. In fact, the application is done entirely online, from the comfort of the traveler’s home, and does not require paperwork, a visit to the embassy, or an interview with an Australian official.
Do Liechtensteiner passport holders need a visa for Australia?
Yes. Every Liechtensteiner who wishes to travel to Australia must have a valid visa to do so.
Citizens of Lichetenstein are given the same rights as citizens of the other 35 European Union countries, who can apply for the quick and simple Australian eVisitor visa.
The Australian visa for citizens from Liechtenstein allows travelers to visit Australia for the purposes of tourism (such as traveling through the country or on a cruise), to visit their family and/or friends, to partake in educational training or courses, to volunteer (as long as it is unpaid work), and to conduct business meetings or review contracts.
The Australian eVisitor visa is valid for a total of 1 year from the date of issue, and travelers can use their visa to stay in Australia for a maximum of three months (90 days). Travelers can enter the country via air or sea port.
Travelers who are planning to visit Australia with their families must all apply for their own separate Australian visas. This includes minors who have their own passport. Children that are on their parent’s passport can travel on the parent’s visa.
Likewise, it is important to note that the Australian visa for Liechtensteiner citizens is not transferable between passports. If the traveler loses their passport or has to renew it, they must apply for a new Australian visa.
What documents do Liechtensteiner citizens need for an Australian visa?
The Australian visa requirements for Liechtensteiner citizens are simple and straightforward. They include the following items:
- A valid passport: The traveler must have a valid and up-to-date Lichtenstein passport that does not expire for a minimum of three months before the date of arrival in Australia. Please note that in order to apply for the Australian visa from Liechtenstein, the traveler must b outside of Australia when going through the application process.
- A valid email address: The traveler will need to provide a valid email address, where the Australian eVisitor visa will be sent after successfully being accepted.
- A type of payment: Travelers must have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, in order to pay the application fee. Most major cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and UnionPay are accepted.
- The traveler’s health must be in good standing: This includes free from any disease or condition that could cost the Australian community money. Travelers are encouraged to buy health insurance before their trip to Australia.
- The traveler must have enough funds: Travelers must have enough money to support his or herself while traveling through Australia. Likewise, travelers must ensure that they do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- The traveler must not have a substantial criminal record: This means that travelers who have been sentenced for 12 months of jail time or more (whether they have served this time or not), or been charged for serious criminal offenses, will not be allowed entry into Australia.
Once all of these requirements have been fulfilled, travelers can begin their online application.
Australia Visa Application form for citizens of Liechtenstein
In order to successfully apply for their Australian visa from Liechtenstein, all applicants must fill out an online application. This application will have travelers answer a few basic questions.
The first section will ask for the traveler’s personal information, including their full name, date of birth, and address. Likewise, it will also ask for the traveler’s passport information, such as their nationality, passport number, and issue/expiry date. The next section will ask travelers to detail their health history, criminal history, and a brief summary of their travel plans in Australia (planned travel dates and bookings) .
Travelers can expect to receive their Australian eVisitorvisa within 24 hours of applying. However, in rare situations, the process may take longer. We recommend that all travelers apply for their Australian eVisitor for Liechtensteiner citizens at least 2 weeks before their intended trip.