Many travelers around the world dream about visiting Australia, whether it’s to see the famous Sydney Opera House, walk along the colorful streets of Melbourne, dive underwater to the Great Barrier Reef, or to simply relax on one of the country’s famous beaches. However, savvy tourists must also know that Australia requires a visa in order to enter the country.
To make things easier for travelers, in 2008 the Australian government introduced the electronic visa, which is also known as the eVisitor visa. Travelers from more than 35 countries can easily apply for their Australian eVisa online. This means that in order to obtain an Australian visa for Slovene citizens, travelers do not need to visit their local embassy, submit paperwork in-person, or have an interview with an immigration officer. Everything is quick, simple, and can be done in less than 20 minutes.
Do Slovene citizens need a visa to enter Australia?
Yes. All travelers who hold a Solvenian passport must apply for, and be granted, a visa before they can successfully enter Australia.
The Australian eVisitor for Slovene citizens is valid for one year and is a multiple-entry visa. This means that travelers can enter Australia multiple times throughout the validity of their eVisitor visa, and can enjoy stays of 90 consecutive days at a time.
The Australian eVisitor visa allows travelers to enter Australia for the purposes of visiting family or friends, conducting business meetings or attending conferences, studying or training, volunteering (as long as it is unpaid), and enjoying holidays. Travelers can enter Australia via air or sea ports with their visa.
What documents are required for Slovene for the Australian ETA?
There are only a handful of Australian visa requirements for Slovene citizens, which include the following items:
- The traveler’s Slovenian passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the traveler’s planned date of entry into Australia.
- The traveler must have a valid email address (that is constantly monitored) to receive the Australian eVisitor visa, as well as a valid form of payment to pay the application fee.
- The traveler must be in good health, which is defined as free from any disease or condition that could lead to significant cost to the Australian community. We encourage all travelers to take out travel health insurance, since they are financially responsible for any medical costs that they incur in Australia.
- Travelers must ensure that they (or their relatives) do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government. Travelers must also have enough funds to support themselves while they are in Australia. The traveler must also have sufficient money to leave Australia at the end of their trip.
- Travelers must be in good standing with the law, which means that they must not have any substantial criminal record (sentenced for 12 months of jail time).
Once all of these requirements are met, travelers can go onto the next step, which is applying for their Australian visa from Slovenia.
Apply for an Australian ETA from Slovenia
The Australian visa for citizens from Slovenia can be obtained by filling out the online application form. The questions that are on the form include the following:
- Personal information: The traveler’s full name (first and surname), address, and date of birth
- Passport information: Passport number, issue date, expiry date, nationality
- Security information: A short section about the traveler’s criminal history
- Health information: Regarding the traveler’s medical history
- Travel plans: The traveler’s planned itinerary in Australia, dates, hotel bookings
Please note that the applicant must be outside of Australia when applying for their visa and when receiving it.
Likewise, we advise all applicants to double-check the information that they have provided in case of errors or typos. Any errors may lead to a prolonged wait of the Australian eVisitor visa.
Likewise, if the information provided is found to be false or misleading, the Australian authorities may be involved and revoke the possibility for the applicant and his or her family to apply for any Australian visa for up to 10 years.
In order to submit the Australian eVisitor application, travelers will need to pay the processing fee. Once that is complete, applicants can expect a response within 24 hours, which will be sent to the email address provided on the application.
Once obtained, the Australian eVisitor visa will be digitally linked to the applicant’s passport. This means that there is no need to have a stamp on the traveler’s Solvenian passport.